8 Design Standards you need to know
Its not just a simple collection of appropriate components. Its about the integration as a whole that proves greater than the sum of the individual parts.
- Exterior building elements must have a U-Value below 0.15 W/m2K
2. The external envelope must be constructed without thermal bridges.
3. An air tight building is important and should be verified with an air leakage test.
4. Windows must have a total U-Value under 0.8 W/m2K.
5. With such a high performing fabric there is a requirement for mechanical ventilated heat recovery (MVHR) ventilation system to control the air quality.
6. Consideration needs to be given to the frequency of overheating and mitigation measures to reduce the impact.
7. Domestic hot water generation and distribution systems with minimal heat loss should be used.
8. HIgh efficiency use of household electricity is essential.